Writing improves my thinking. I love to write and showcase my work through visuals and with words that will strengthen my vision that is why I still keep on writing and making blog posts with my experiences and journey as The Fierce Walker. But business writing is very different from what you learned in school. Clarity matters above everything else, and when you’re pressed for time, you have to write fast. I think it’s far more important to write than most people realise.
Writing doesn’t just communicate ideas; it generates them.
If you’re bad at writing and don’t like to do it, you’ll miss out on most of the ideas writing would have generated. Here is my general rule when writing: Write about stuff you like only.
I am always fascinated with fashion and the heritage behind every brand. I adore the creative vision of each designer and how they envision a woman who is wearing their design. Plus I always write to express my ideas and vision and not to impress anyone else or to please them.
I would like to share with you all some tips that will help you improve your online writing.
1. Remove every unnecessary word
2. Focus on clarity, not cleverness
3. If a sentence bores your reader, delete it
4. Make your reader smarter
5. Treat every word like it’s on trial for its life
6. Write like you’re talking to a friend at a bar
7. Eliminate anything that adds confusion.
8. Add colorful details.
9. Remove unnecessary words.
10. Invoke Curiosity
11. Make an Emotional Touch
12. Beautiful design is the cherry on top. Always focus on your making your sentence Clear.
13. Use analogies when possible
14. When you write online, you get compound interest in your ideas.
15. Great ideas take time. Keep on writing!